This course is primarily concerned with developing skills of prevention, recognition, and intervention. It includes learning some of signs of grooming, predatory behavior, recognition of a trafficked child, intervention, and ways to prevent your children, grand children, or yourself from becoming a victim to violent and predatory behavior.
- Video, Text and Graphics
- Youth mentors
- Victim Advocates
- Community Leaders
- Crisis Center Staff & Volunteers
- Human Trafficking Professionals
- 1 - 1.5 hours. Flexible, self-paced
- Definition of Human Trafficking
- Reducing Risk
- Behavioral Signs
- Physical Signs
- Intervention Strategies
- Ways to share the info
Outcomes & Practical Application:
- Increased knowledge and awareness of the prevalence of human trafficking and its consequences
- Reduce risk by early identification of predatory behaviors and avoidance of potentially dangerous situations and relationships.
- Increased ability to provide effective support and assistance to someone being trafficked or in danger of being trafficked.
- Knowledge of strategies and principles for dealing with trafficking victims.
- Increased knowledge of available resources for dealing with trafficking.
Benefits to Self & Others:
- Reduced risk of potential physical, financial and psychological damage
- Stronger ability to support and assist family, friends or clients/constituents
- Ability to educate others within your sphere of influence
- Increased confidence in sharing personal experiences in order to educate others
- Intro to Human Trafficking 00:04:00
- What is Human Trafficking? 00:05:00
- Big Picture Statistics 00:07:00
- Closer To Home 00:00:00
- Too Social 00:05:00
- Grooming 00:15:00
- Physical Signs of Trafficking 00:06:00
- Behavioral Signs of Trafficking 00:03:00